Monday, June 13, 2011

personality disorder

I admit it.  I easily get obsessed with things.  Anything.  Songs, projects, foods, movies.  The list can go on and on.

My friend and college roommate, Amy, can attest to my addiction to The Cranberries album No Need to Argue.  I played it on repeat who knows how many days/weeks/months in a row.  And I am listen to it right now just for kicks.  Poor Amy.

Ask Jorge how often I watch my Dawson's Creek DVDs.  Too many too count.  Even the girls know from seeing a screen on pause that it is Dawson's Creek.

Yes, I know.  I have issues.  But, the first step is admittance, right?  But, I really don't think I need help.

I am in the house a lot.  A LOT!  So, I get bored with looking at the same things over and over.  (Did I mention I am addicted to rearranging furniture?)  Over the past few years I have recovered the throw pillows on the couch at least 3 or 4 times.  It is an easy way to change the look.


When we went to Cantia the other day I bought some throw pillow inserts.  They were only $4!  I thought that was a heck of a bargain.  Let the obsession begin.



You know my post the other day shows a pillow I made.  That started it all.  I had a pillow that I wanted to recover AND these remaining pillow inserts.  I made a few new pillows.




The problem with me being obsessed is other things get pushed aside.  Like the laundry.
Clean clothes
dirty clothes
I have since put away the clean clothes and have started a load of the dirty clothes.

Today I am staying clear of the sewing machine.  I have to spend time actually working. 

And a side note.  I wanted to give a shout out to Leslie at Motherhood in Mexico for an easy recipe for what became my breakfast this morning. 


I love her site because I can find the ingredients!  Hooray for that!

5 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

Laundry is so overrated! :) I say decorate and make more throw pillows. I used to change our furniture around like once a month. I'd get bored just looking at it. Right now, I'm trying to convince Hubby to pencil in some time to re-upholster our living room, so I can start making throw pillows! LOL

So glad that you were able to make the quick and easy banana cream pie. It's one of my favorites. I haven't made one this year because of my lack of a fridge. I'll just have to settle for cake. LOL

Those flower throw pillows are gorgeous, as is the flag one too.

Jackie said...

Valarie, I've been thinking about you all day because we went to AGS to "Cantia." It was AMAZING! I wanted everything! I'll send you an email with more details. I'm really grateful to you for not only discovering it, but taking the time to blog about it. They really should advertise or do PR, because none of my friends have heard of it.

I love your pile of clothes! Both the dirty and clean one! :)

You should start selling throw pillows on Etsy. I'm sure you would do very well! :)

julie said...

Another beautiful pillow! I love those flowers!

Unknown said...

Love the pillows with the big flowers attached. I have to admit I get these obsessions to I think when I first left Javier In mexico i went on a kick where I made about 20 or 30 scarves. I just couldnt stop my self.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the green and pink pillow!