Friday, June 03, 2011

fun in the sun!

We went on vacation to Puerto Vallarta a few weeks ago, as a family.  This was the first time the girls had seen the ocean.  I picked this particular resort because of the pool (or waterpark as the resort refers to it) for the kids. 


It was a nice time.  We were there for 5 night and 6 days.  Just long enough to be ready to come home at the end.  It was exciting being in a city that has a good amount of American's living there.  Not because I was looking to talk to anyone.  But, because they have a Wal-Mart and I figured that they might have products that I can't find.  I was right! 

They had A1 sauce!  Not sure about you, but I am a big fan.  And, when we buy steaks from Costco, a bottle of A1 will go nicely.  They did have lots of stuff that was imported from the US.  It was fun to see all of that stuff, but it was OUTRAGEOUSLY priced!  I got a few other things like Dijon mustard, body wash that I like, sushi rice, nori and sprinkles for cupcakes/cookies., nothing too exciting.  But the A1 was definitely the big hit for me.

I brought my laptop so I could work (during the night and the girls' naptimes) and the first night we got there I was pretty hyped and Jorge and I were up late (for me) working.  It got to be midnight and instead of tracking downstairs to the overnight snack bar that the resort offered, I ordered Dominos!  Dominos is not really my favorite, but it isn't available in Jalos and definitely not at midnight!  So, they delivered to the resort and it was pretty good.

We also went to the Outback Steakhouse on Jorge's birthday.  I got excited when I saw there was one there in PV.  Other than going for Jorge's b-day, my only purpose was to get a Blooming Onion.  Guess what?  They were OUT of onions!  How is that possible?  Isn't Outback famous for their Blooming Onions and should have them "in stock" at all times?  I was disappointed.

Overall we had a nice relaxing time.  The girls really enjoyed themselves and said they want to go back.  Thought you might like to see some pictures (some have been put on FB already, but some of you don't have a FB account ).


This was the first time on the beach.


Bella posing for me in the pool.

One of the bartenders took Emily behind the bar and let her make her own "Spiderman" drink.  So for the rest of the trip she wanted to make her own drinks. 

The girls being goofy on the balcony of our room.

Jorge made Emily into a sand mermaid.

Jorge and Emily in the kids pool.

Emily taking a little mushroom shower.

Me and my girls sitting on the beach.

Bella and Emily sitting on one of the water hoses in the pool.

The view from our room.

Saying good-bye to the ocean.  This was the day we left.


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is a great pool! What resort is it? We try and go to PV once a year (it is about a 4hr drive for us)

I also love when i get a chance to go to walmart and find goodies from back home.

Unknown said...

Wow what a cool hotel. Great pics, the girls look like they had a blast.
I have to agree with you on the A-1 sauce it is one of my favorites.

Jackie said...

I lived in Vallarta for almost 18 years and boy, do I miss it! Love the photos!

Tara from Me and the Mexican said...

How in the heck did I miss this post? I love the pictures! You have a beautiful family. The pool was too cool and PV looks amazingly beautiful.