Saturday, July 16, 2011

bad hair barbie

I'm sitting here at my computer watching Life Unexpected.  I have been having my own marathon.  My friend Heather suggested that I might like it.  She was right.

But, my marathon isn't really possible without interruptions from the little ones.  About every 5 minutes I pause the show because one of the girls wants something.  So, a 42 minute show takes about 2 hours. But, that's OK.

My most current interruption was kind of cute.  Emily comes walking in here with a Barbie in hand.  A Barbie with crazy hair.


She told me that the Barbie's hair was just a mess and she wanted me to put it in ponytails.  She already had gotten a few hair bands and a brush.  I put it up and gave it back to her.



About 2 minutes later she comes back to me and wants me to do her hair like Barbie's.  This, my friends, is unexpected.  Emily thinks she is a cowboy and cowboys don't do their hair.


Now her and Barbie share the same look.

5 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

Whenever I had a Bad Hair Barbie, I'd give her a makeover and chop off all of her hair. Your solution to the problem is much better. And Emily is too cute! :)

Unknown said...

LOL! Leslie, back in the day I had lots of short haired Barbies! I went with the same solution as you. Emily is the one that is a bit smarter than us and figured out that you could contain the hair.:)

Unknown said...

She is much cuter than Barbie!

Tara from Me and the Mexican said...

Absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Nice touch, Val! Barbie makes a pretty good IS, but not my favorite.

My sister, Lynnda, is here, and she always loves Emily because she's the only baby who didn't cry when Lynnda held her (probably still is).

Love and hugs
Kathy