Wednesday, July 22, 2009

banana crumb muffins

Yes, I have another recipe for you. I never intended on putting recipes on my blog, but some things are just so easy and taste so good that not sharing wouldn't be nice.

I am always looking up recipes for "easy" meals, desserts, breads, you name it. You are already familiar with the fact that I am VERY limited on what ingredients I can find. So, most of the time I don't find much of anything because there is bound to be something on the list of ingredients that I can't find and there is no substitution.

There have been a few things that I have found and get so excited because I know I can get my hands on everything that is needed to make the food. This recipe is very easy and simple and the outcome is just delicious.

Banana Crumb Muffins
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 c sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 c butter, melted
Topping:
1/3 c packed brown sugar
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine bananas, sugar, eggs and butter; mix well. Stir the two sets of ingredients together, just until moistened. Fill greased or paper lined muffin pan. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
And just like the pizza the other day, this is not the most healthy of foods, but everything in moderation, right? The girls sure enjoy them. Bella calls everything that looks somewhat like a cake or a cupcake a "Happy Birthday". I made the muffins last night after the girls had went to bed. This morning Bella sees them on the counter and in an excited voice she says, "Oooh, Happy Birthday!". The girl is crazy. And, Emily just likes to eat! As long as it is edible she is happy.
The girls enjoying a muffin.
Bella giving them a thumbs up.
Emily stuffing her face.
Emily smiling with evidence in her mouth.
I just remembered something, I can't find brown sugar down here so my mom mailed me some. Thanks, mom! Because of you we can enjoy these lovely muffins! I will make you some when I am your live-in!

1 comment:

julie said...

I LOVE that she calls everything Happy Birthday! That is great. I am loving all of your recipes and seriously thinking about trying them!

When you are here, I will show you how to needle felt. And if you haven't already made the adorable barrettes by then, we'll make those, too. I have a huge stash of wool and felt waiting for you!