Wednesday, December 21, 2011

why I miss Kroger and a little recipe idea

I'm now used to how everything is here.  I admit that some things still frustrate me, but for the most part I have just gotten over the differences between here in my lovely grocery stores in the US.

There is one main grocery store that I go to here in Jalos.  And, for other things that I can't find there, we search elsewhere, like Costco, Sam's Club, and Wal-Mart.

The grocery store here in town, Super Jigo, is just crazy sometimes.  Last night we went there to get our groceries and I saw this in the produce section.


How in the world can they put stuff on the shelves that look like that?  If you don't go there on the right days (which I still haven't figured out what days those are), you have the worst produce to pick from.  And, the way I cook here, most of my cart is fruits and veggies.  Pathetic!

This is one thing I will never get over and makes me appreciate how great the grocery stores are in the US.

On a side note, I made another item off of Pinterest the other night.  You know, I have made tons of stuff off that website!

I have never been a fan of Taco Bell, but the few times that I went with people, I would get the Mexican Pizza, MINUS the beans!  I hate beans!


And, Mexican pizzas are such a simple idea and I'm not sure why I never thought about making them at home.  So, while I just used the idea, the recipe is still a simple one you could follow.  And, of course, I left off the beans!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

That is just too bad to see the rotting produce. There are many hungry people all over Mexico.

Your Mexican pizzas look pretty yummy even though I'm a big bean eater. :)

Unknown said...

Those look delicious. I'm not a big fan of beans either but I've gotten to where I can tolerate them if I put a ton of creme.

julie said...

those tomatoes look pitiful!