Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall/Halloween

I've been absent for just over a month now.  As you probably know, I went to the US for 3 weeks and just got back this past Saturday.

The reason I schedule our visits to the States during this time of year is because I LOVE fall!  And, the girls LOVE Halloween! 

I figured I would do some posts that recap some of our trip to Indy.

Here is Bella posing outside of my aunt Janny's barn.  We stayed the night one night and Janny is to blame for our family's obession of Angry Birds.  Shame on you, Janny!


There was this one lonley, colored tree in the midst of all the green trees around it.  The girls were willing to pose for me by the tree.  The changing leaves are one of my favorite things about fall.



Bella picking out a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch.  There weren't many small ones to choose from.


Emily, of course, picked one of the only green ones out in the patch. 


Bella manning the wagon so we could go pay and get home and carve all of the pumpkins.


Papaw took charge and cut open all the pumpkins.  The girls dug right in and removed the insides.


I let the girls draw a face on and then I cut out exactly what they drew.  Bella drew almost the exact same face on both of her pumpkins (the two small orange ones on the left).  The faces Emily drew (by default, the green and big orange on on the right) crack me up.  Especially the big orange one.


They couldn't wait to go trick or treating!  Emily wore her costume pretty much every day leading up to Halloween.


Tomorrow I will show you some more of our trip.  Stay tuned!







5 comments:

Tara said...

Yay! So happy you are back and sharing your trip with us. Beautiful pictures. Fall is my favorite season too and I love when the leaves change colors. The pumpkins are so cute. I love the costumes they picked out. It looks like a fun trip so far. Can't wait to read more.

Jackie said...

Welcome back because I sure missed reading your blog! I just love all your photos, especially the one in front of your Aunt's barn. I also like how Emily chose a green pumpkin and her Batman costume with Ben 10 watch is totally something my Isabella would wear. Looks like you all had a great time! :)

Unknown said...

Great to have you back!! Beautiful photos, such pretty colors. Love the girls costumes. Cant wait to hear more.

Unknown said...

Those beautiful pictures are making me nostalgiac. I love that big orange tree. Please post more!

Leslie Harris said...

No wonder you love going back in the Fall! The changing colors of the leaves are absolutely stunning!!!

I'm happy that you had a good visit in the States, but YAY! I'm so glad you're back! :)