Saturday, August 14, 2010

a playdough kind of day

I found a recipe to make playdough and thought I would give it a whirl.  I did have to substitute one ingredient, cream of tartar, and I think the substitution ( x3 of vinegar was the sub for it) made it a tiny bit sticky but that didn't stop the fun.  Also, I used liquid food coloring and didn't have an issue with it, just FYI.

Overall it turned out rather nicely.  I made 4 different colors.  I doubled the recipe so each of the girls would have plenty to play with.




Bella immediately started mixing everything together.





Surprisingly, Emily was more reserved and kept everything separate.




Now we have one giant multi-colored piece of playdough.


Both seemed to like it and played for a good amount of time.  That is the part I like.  That means they aren't fighting.

No comments: