Saturday, August 07, 2010

busy and fun friday

Yesterday Jorge took the afternoon off work so we could hang out together.  His working hours kind of suck and he is not home very often.  So, it was a nice change of pace.

(Warning:  Photo filled blog post! -- some not so great quality)

He came home, picked me up and we drove over to the Bodega (a sister of Wal-Mart) in San Juan.  It is a little bigger town and always has a better variety of groceries and such.  This trip was fun because the store has added more products.  Of course it made me happy.

Still having a full freezer/fridge I couldn't buy much, but only a 20 minute drive keeps me from that store.  Not too bad.  I did bring home a few goodies.  Take a look. (It is the little things that make me happy!)




I LOVE these egg noodles!  Blueberries!  Tomato soup!  Bacon bits!  And there were other goodies that I was excited about.  There were more varieties of pasta and other frozen berries and those concentrated frozen cans of juice and other things that I just don't remember.  Those will be another shopping trip.

After our fun trip to the store we dropped off all the groceries and went to a little restaurant that is about 5 to 10 minutes outside of town.  I have no idea the name of it but that isn't really important.  I did take a picture of the place.


They have these drinks that are made with Fresca, fruit juice and a little tequila.  And what a festive way to serve them.  The restaurant doesn't have any windows so the breeze blows right through and makes it feel so tropical.  They have chips and salsa which is nice.




We finished there and a little later had a few drinks from a little bar.  Jorge isn't into having his picture taken so this is as good as it gets.



Later we meet up with a couple friends and went downtown.  It was pretty busy there.  We had a few drinks, ran into a bunch of people we knew and I had some cotton candy.  (See the purple tongue.)








It was a great day!

No comments: