Monday, August 20, 2012

invasion of the grasshoppers

Yesterday, we went for a drive to a little town that is about 15 minutes from us.  The place is called Teocaltitan De Guadalupe.  It is home to San Pedro Esqueda.  Here is a plaque showing some info about him. Sorry, of course, it is in Spanish.


I had taken my camera to get some pictures of the girls.  They really weren't into it, but I forced them to let me take a handful of pictures.  Mean mom!  I put all the pictures my Flickr account.  Check them out if you would like!








On the way there, there were giant grasshoppers EVERYWHERE!  While driving, we couldn't avoid running over them on the street.  It was pretty disgusting.  When we got to the church, they were all over the place.  I snapped a few pics of them.  I didn't really put anything next to them to show you scale.  But, these bad boys were probably a minimum of 3 or 4 inches long.  I was fine as long as none of them jumped on me. I hate their sticky little legs.


Afterwards, we stopped at a nearby restaurant.  The food was really good.  I splurged and had their chips and salsa!  Oh, I can't wait to go back!  And, the girls loved it, too!  Most restaurants like this one have play areas so the kids can go be crazy outside instead of being crazy in the restaurant.  Good idea on their part!






We had to fight our way past all the grasshoppers there, too!  I didn't get too close, but check out all of them on this wall.  And, it was like this along all the exterior walls.  And, we had to watch our step in the grass. 





Emily wanted to catch all of them.  No surprise there.  So, they didn't seem to bother her.  Bella was just ignoring them.  Way to excited about the jumpy house they were playing in.

1 comment:

I'm the Mami said...

Cool pics of the grasshoppers and the girlies are adorable, as always! Cant wait till I can get mine tonlook at the camera at the same time ;)

Stopping by to let you know Scholastic is having a "dollar days" event where alot of their PDF books and booklets are 1$ . There are actually some pretty cool books available, thought you may want to browse and beef up your homeschooling material collection (haha, which Im sure is big enough as it is!)