Wednesday, March 31, 2010

things I like about living in Mexico

I am not sure I will ever really enjoy living in Mexico. Although my feelings/attitude towards living here have drastically changed over the past 2 years.

But, even with the negatives that will always exists, there are things that are rather pleasant about living here.

I thought I would point out a few things that I enjoy about living here.

1. I like being able to be with the girls. As much as they drive me crazy sometimes, I know that I will look back on this time fondly. Plus, look how funny they can be.



2. I love that the weather is nice almost all the time. We can take the table outside and color pretty much any day of the week.


3. I get to be obsessive about things like sewing. Once I start it is hard for me to stop. I can't stop making these tote bags. I know, crazy!


4. Knowing that I will be able to teach the girls and have fun doing it.
5. Being able to potty train the girls at my own pace. We are now onto Emily. It's a work in progress, but I like that I can start it with her and get her up to speed.


6. Getting things repaired, due to the cost of living being very low, is very cheap! Our refrigerator went out this past weekend and we just got it repaired, something about the gas in it being out, for $570 pesos. That is roughly $43 USD. And let me tell you not only did they fix it but also picked it up, took it to the repair store and delivered back to us. Can't beat that! Now we get to go grocery shopping.



These are just a handful of things I like about it here. I could, in turn, create a list of "don't likes" but I think we have covered most of those in the past when I was whining about living here. Let's not go down that road.





No comments: