Well, Heather, you asked and you shall receive. Here is the finished blanket.
I got on a kick and just wanted to finish it. I cheated in a few ways. One, I was intending on making it a queen but just didn't feel up to it. So, it is sized for a twin.
AND, I cheated at the edge around the whole blanket. I should have hand sewed it but I went the sort of faster route and I sewed it with the machine. It looks decent.
Here it is on the girls' bed (which is a queen). It gives you some perspective of how big it is.
And, it wouldn't be complete without the girls modeling it. Bella is very excited about it and both girls walked by while I was making it saying, "I like it!".
It might not be perfect. And it was a lot more work than I thought it would be. But the outcome is exactly what I was looking for, the girls are happy with it.