Monday, November 10, 2008

hanging on & free time

There comes a time when those favorite little outfits don't fit your baby anymore. Or in my case, babies. Having the girls so close in age was a benefit to my pocket book because most of the clothes that Bella wore, Emily wore as well. Having done that I have grown even more attached to some of the clothes I bought for them.

I had always known and planned to go through their clothes and give them to Goodwill. I also knew there were some clothes I couldn't come to terms with parting with them. You see the little clothes and it reminds you of them. How can you give that away?

The problem is there is no Goodwill here. If we try to give them away, most likely that person will sell them. That is not my intention. I came up with a better solution (and I am sure I am not the first person to think of this and I know this for a fact after talking to Colin). Plus, I have plenty of free time. I cut up all the clothes and made a blanket for each of the girls. This way I can see the clothes that I love and remind me of them being so little and hopefully they can use them on their babies (ok, I am thinking ahead a little too far :) ).


Here are the results.
Bella's blanket


Emily's blanket

If you look closely you might see something you bought for them!

3 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Such a cute idea! And your girls are adorable, great names!

Colin said...

So glad you actually did this. I'm sure they'll only appreciate in value over the years. They're cute as heck already!

Tara from Me and the Mexican said...

I love this idea! I want to do this for my son! I have no idea how to quilt or make a blanket....so we'll see. They look great!