Friday, February 19, 2010

my kind of project

I did a little sewing project today that was right up my alley. Started and finished all in one sitting.

My mom bought the girls a stroller for their baby dolls but that is not the every day use of it around here. Emily likes to be the *baby doll* and Bella is a nice big sister and pushes Emily around.


After them doing that for several months it has finally gave out and the seat has torn.
I figured it couldn't be too difficult to make a new one. I got a bunch of material from Betty Newport and one of the pieces of material was The Little Mermaid. Perfect! As soon as I asked the girls which material they wanted, both pointed to that.


It is not the prettiest of seat covers but it does the job. Now Emily can be pushed around again and again until this one tears and I can make a new one then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val you are so crafty and talented! I'm impressed you even attempted that! I don't think I could have done it. I envy your ingenuity.

Katie